The firm seeks candidates with 3 – 5 years of experience working as a corporate paralegal, preferably in a law firm. Good oral and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, project management skills and the ability to work independently but also to work closely as a member of a team are all necessary attributes.
Principal Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements
- Assist attorneys to prepare corporate and financing documents.
- Work with lawyers to prepare all documents required to form corporations (both business and not-for-profit corporations), partnerships and limited liability companies.
- Assist lawyers in the preparation of documentation for amendments, withdrawals, mergers and dissolutions of corporations, partnerships and/or limited liability companies.
- Assist lawyers in the creation of financing documents, including loan and equity investment agreements and related documentation
- Create and maintain corporate minute books including all required annual filings and annual meeting requirements; maintain accurate corporate secretary database for companies, including their respective organizational documents, registered agents, officers, directors, ownership (stock and options), and other relevant data.
- Work directly with attorneys and clients during closings and corporate transactions.
- Assist lawyers in the preparation for and closing of various corporate transactions, including bank and equity financings, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Prepare and monitor transaction checklists; coordinate with all parties to ensure all items on checklist are obtained or completed
- Research lien status (UCC and real estate) and real estate title; obtain pleadings from various courts
- Obtain consents to assignments, releases, and other appropriate documents.
- Prepare closing documents; manage assembly and execution of documents at closing.
- Prepare and file financing statements (UCC and real property), blue sky filings, SEC Form D’s and related items.
- Prepare closing files and bound volumes.
- Work with Internal Revenue Service.
- Assist lawyers with the completion and filing of various forms with the Internal Revenue Service for the purpose of obtaining Employee Identification Numbers (EINs) and making tax elections.
- General Duties.
- Review drafts of all documents for typographical errors, consistent use of defined terms and accuracy of cross-references.
- Manage ticklers systems for UCC and IRS filings and other matters
- Assist in maintenance of form files
- Qualifications Required.
- High proficiency in use of Corporate Focus software, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Massachusetts and Delaware corporation law requirements
- Experience with Delaware Franchise Tax Online Filing System.
- 3 – 5 years of experience working as a corporate paralegal, preferably in a law firm
- Associate’s degree and paralegal certificate or bachelor’s degree.