- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 2000
- University of Michigan, B.A., 1988
Philosophy and Political Science
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
Russ Schlossbach works as part of the client team to help clients to focus on what they love – making their businesses grow. Having represented over two hundred emerging and middle growth technology companies, standard setting consortia, trade associations, universities, and other businesses, he provides experienced, practical legal advice and business guidance, identifying and resolving complex legal and business issues, and delivering critical insight and perspective for decision-making.
How does Russ burn the midnight oil?
- He concentrates his practice in general corporate, intellectual property licensing, contracts, compliance, payment industry and related legal services for high-tech companies and technology standard setting organizations.
- He advises privately held and venture-backed companies, non-profits, standards and trade associations, start-ups and individual entrepreneurs regarding intellectual property matters, regulatory and antitrust compliance, certification and assessment programs, tax exemptions, entity formation, corporate governance, investor relations and other matters.
- He negotiates and drafts a wide variety of technology and technology-related agreements, policies and procedures, including intellectual property licensing, development, services and distribution agreements, certification programs, web accessibility and other matters.
- He counsels clients regarding complex financial transactions, such as venture capital and debt financings, mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures.
Russ is “that guy” at home – playing with his kids, fixing something, cooking, networking too many computers, and even strumming the guitar now and then – and loves every minute of it.